Chris Jeffares, CEO, Cummins & Partners
1. What gets you up in the morning?
In truth it’s probably one of my three daughters, depending on the day of the week. But in an industry when there are new problems, new challenges, new business models and new brands … I usually jump out of bed looking to tackle one of these.
2. What are you most excited about in the digital and tech space?
At earlier points in my career it was always the bleeding edge of tech. However, I now find the ubiquity of technology much more exciting, as technologies have really scaled and adoption has mainstreamed.
Industry-wise, the Education sector is fascinating as it is such a clean slate – many out-dated behaviours have luckily not been cemented in our next generation. So innovation in voice, AR, VR, AI is just as it should be.
3. If you were a piece of technology, what would you be?
Someone once said I was like ‘Tetris’ … always trying to see all the pieces and how they fit together. So maybe I’m more software than hardware, which hopefully protects from obsolescence.
4. What's your favourite quote/proverb/saying/mantra?
“The big don’t beat the small, the fast beat the slow”
5. Music: what's at the top of your playlist?
Depends on who is controlling the Sonos playlist. Kids is Hamilton. For me, The Killers – I just saw them live and they are an awesome energy.
6. Look into your crystal ball - what do you see?
Opportunity. Driven by a total re-setting of expectations in service, automation, speed, hope and invention.